NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help please re imaging setup

Hi

I have a Mead LX50 10" with a motorised mount and a megawedge

I want to buy the necessary items to put this scope to imaging use

Any advice on how to start or would I be better off with a different scope , dont realy want to buy another one if I will be able to get good results with this

Thanks

I wish I could help with your specific scope, but I can recommend http://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html this book. It will be all you will ever need to help you with imaging questions. A setup that is often used and recommended on here is an HEQ5 and an ED80 refractor. This is a good start and the scope puts minimal strain on the mount as well as guiding due to it's short focal length. Many use it with a CCD such as the Atik 314L to excellent effect. It would be useful to know what you are thinking of with regards to a camera as well as any budget that you may have in order to get started. Also ..... (sorry, there's lots of those!!) .... what are you wanting to image as a scope for DSO's is a very different beast for plants and the moon for example, the same with the camera.

Purchase Steve's excellent book and have a look at the tutorials on here and it will help.

Hope that is useful for starters, really need a little more info.

Archived