Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OM lens to t2 thread adapter

Tiki

I'd like to attach an Atik16IC to my Olympus Zuiko lenses. To my knowledge, adapters are no longer being made so i'd be pleased to hear any ideas as to how i might make one. I have a couple of scrap OM camera bodies, a rear lens cap and a bunch of t2 threaded stuff.

I had some made by buying some standard Olympus macro spacer tubes and getting a local firm to turn off an end flange of the appropriate length with a T2 thread on the end to replace the male OM bayonet flange. I would do it myself these days now I have a lathe.

Any use ?

Mike

I bought an OM to Canon adapter then used a Canon extension tube with a 'T' thread male machined on its rear - this works very well indeed on both my Starlight Xpress 'T' threaded CCD cameras so something similar would work with your Atik.

Thanks for the ideas.

At the moment though I'm thinking about attaching a bored out rear lens cap to a t threaded filter adaptor. I'll wait and see though as this solution is a bit messy (and contains a fair bit of plastic).

@ pete_gamby. Yep, the wrong way round mate. I'm wanting to attach an astro-cam to an Olympus SLR lens.

Archived