Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Have seen a 2x barlow lens these are the details

• 99.9% light transmistion for best possible iamging.
  • 2x magnification that will increase the magnification of your telescope by a factor of 2x.
  • Multicoated optics
  • Chromatic corrected
  • Fully Metal Body (110g in weight)
  • 2 inch in diameter
  • 11.5cm long
  • Free dust caps

Very well built throught.

Size: 59mm in diameter at upper part. Fitting diameter 50.8mm (2 Inches).119mm long.

Weight: 318g

Any thoughts would be appreciated price is 39.00 and money back guarantee if not satisfied.

I don't use a barlow, 1960, but I'd say go for it.

From what I understand, there will be more glass in the light path, so there could be a dimming or vignetting in some EPs but, then again, probably more is made of this than really should be. I mean, with a decent barlow this effect will be negligable. The advantages will probably be longer eye relief, so more comfortable if you wear glasses, they'll be increased f/ratio which helps cheaper EPs, yu effectively double your EP collection, and it will allow you to use low to mid power eyepieces, with their big friendly eyelenses, to view at higher powers. For 39 quid, money back guarantee, I can't see where you can go wrong.

No matter what positive claims are made about that barlow, I would be concerned that it doesn't have a brand that you can get opinions and information about. These days, a very good barlow is nearly invisible in the light path. But there aren't a lot of very good barlows out there, and there's no particular reason to believe that this is one of them.

Hi Qualia thanks for your reply I do wear glasses so yes what you say about eye relief would be true, usually find I take my glasses off to view through the scope.

Yes Peter it is the one and thanks for pointing the fact about it being a 2 inch think my scope has the 1.25 inch size eye pieces so think thats that idea out the window or can you get adapters for this. My scope is a Jessops one I got bought for christmas. Was a christmas what do you want for christmas moment lol. :smiley:

Good grief, that`s a good price, the two 2" Barlows ( Powermates ) complete with T mount adapters that I posses, with the recent price increase, these would now set you back a total of £618 !!!! must admit had a bit of a shock when I just looked up the new details :eek: but is it any good?, seems you get a refund if not :)

John.

Archived