Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Vixen again

John

Here's my Vixen ED102SS in "grab and go" mode on the AZ-3 alt-azimuth mount. It's working out suprisingly well even for relatively high power work - my EQ3-2 is not getting much action at all !. With the AZ-3 I can lift the whole lot outside in seconds - and back in just as quick when the clouds roll in :D

image.jpg

John

Lovely bit of kit. I do like vixen stuff

Thanks Gordon - I like Vixen stull as well - very well made but not too flashy. About 18 Years ago I used to have a scope called a Bresser Uranus which was really a Vixen SP102M (complete with Super Polaris mount) in an all black colour scheme. It was a lovely scope and performed excellently for an achromat. It's a pleasure to own another Vixen and the ED glass gives it even better colour correction than the SP012M at a shorter focal length (the SP102M was F9.8).

There is a very nice Vixen ED103S on Astro Buy & Sell at the moment that I'd be very tempted by if I did not already have the ED102SS :wink:

John

Archived