Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 5907

tommy_h

You can faintly see the arc of the tidal stream. Or maybe I just know where it is and my mind is placing it there...but I think I can actually see it....faintly but its there.

It sure is..........quick and crude dodge tool wipe over.......sorry Thomas :grin:.........it's a splendid image. :icon_salut:

post-849-0-86505400-1341519269_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

This is one of my first images with the ASA Coma Corrector. I think the corrector works very well.

21 hour are a lot of time, but not enouth to show the complete tidal stream around NGC 5907. Or maybe the sky at my location is not dark enough.

Thomas

That is such a perfect image that I'm thinking of buying an ASA corrector.

It looks like a Ritchey Chretien took the picture – it’s that good.

Then again, it is 21 hours of integration time.

In the last 3 years I've never had that much available time for one target

due mostly to poor weather.

The low ISO & long times have helped considerably.

I look forward to seeing more of your images.

Thanks for your comments, Alpal and Michael

@Alpal: I have not forgotten to make some shots for comparison the ASA Corrector and the MPCC, but the nights are very short now and the weather not really good.

And I have dismantled the Newton to clean the mirrors. I hope it works as well as before after assembling :grin:

Thanks for your comments, Alpal and Michael

@Alpal: I have not forgotten to make some shots for comparison the ASA Corrector and the MPCC, but the nights are very short now and the weather not really good.

And I have dismantled the Newton to clean the mirrors. I hope it works as well as before after assembling :grin:

I'm sure it will - Newts are not too hard to collimate.

Best of luck.

Archived