Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging

Hey Guys!

I'm just curious,

at the moment i have a skyliner 150p 6" Dob, and i have taken a few images of saturn and the Moon which have come out suprisingly well but the problem is I am having to hold my phone camera up to the eyepiece as if the camera is my eye and its really hard :D

Are there any good ways of filming or taking pictures of your viewings with a Dob other than what im doing now?

Any help would be appriciated, and if its not possible thats fine :)

Thank you !

Magic

You could try fitting a nosepiece to a webcam. You would take a shortish movie, then stack the results in something like Registax. There a a number of threads on SGL where members have done just this using a cheap webcam from Asda, or the Xbox Live camera. The Asda cameras were recently on sale for less than £1.50, but they may have gone back up to around a fiver now! :D

Thanks Black Knight! The problem is im not really a modding person :D i just like to buy something that may allow it to happen. But it is definitely a nice idea! I shall check it out just incase i do find something thank you.... and you cant beat a Sale :D

Thanks Steve that looks brilliant, im just curious if it would hold my phone since its not an iPhone. That is great though just the kind of thing im looking for thank you !

Here's the thread for modding the Asda webcams:http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/146261-asda-293-webcam/page__hl__asda. For a nosepiece, a 35mm fim canister works perfectly. If you don't have any knocking around, you could try asking at the photographic counter in Boots. I picked up half a dozen that way. The Staff are quite happy to give them away :)

I know but Black Knight i really do suck with doing stuff like that :D but i think i will try it just because its the best thing to do... fingers crossed i dont break a lot of ASDA webcams! And thank you Nova :) unfortunately my phone is a fair bit bigger than an iPhone otherwise id love to try it!

Archived