NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Warwickshire based? A little good news....

Tim

Apologies to those who already know of this, but I only just spotted it while looking at crime stats :)

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/partnightlighting

It's a step in the right direction. At least 52 streetlamps in my neighbourhood will be going off apparently. Mind you, they are talking about building a huge new business centre here which will no doubt be floodlit :s

Hopefully when they realise the savings to be made the percentage turned off will be increased.

Cheers

Tim

Nice one thanks Tim. I did not know about this.

Luckily where I live is surrounded by the potential part time lights! On the negative side though the one light that causes me problems is not shown on the map! as it is on a private road behind my back garden, none of the neighbours seem to know who controls these streetlights either!? Bummer :(

i read this in my local rag, as worcestershire are watching to see how it goes and want peoples thoughts. so i e mailed the county council and put my backing to ANYTHING that lowers light pollution.

in my opinion i would turn off every other road light after 11pm or midnight ,and turn off all pedestrian pathway lights after midnight. but i doubt it will happen.

I posted something about this a couple of weeks back. Use the feedback form to tell the council what a great idea it is.

Worth repeating again though:

Can I urge any other astronmers whose council introduce similar measures to contact thier council and say how pleased you are with the switch off?

We need to counteract all the negative correspondance they will undoubtably recieve from the 'moaning minnie' brigade.

Archived