Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hyperion Zoom Mk. III with Hyperion Zoom Barlow in a 2" diagonal

afilipi

Hello,

I use the Hyperion Zoom Mark-III with a 2" barrel in a William Optics 2" diagonal. I am considering the Hyperion Zoom barlow and would like to keep my 2-inch setup. The barlow will make the Mark-III assembly that is inserted in the diagonal longer and I am worried that it will hit the mirror. Does anyone have any experience with the Hyperion zoom/barlow combo in a William Optics 2" diagonal? Is the combo too long for a 2" setup, so that I will be forced to switch to a 1.25" setup?

Thanks,

Ales

Hi Ales

I've just tested that combo (I have the 2" WO dialectric) for you and it seems to work fine - wasn't sure at first myself, I must admit! Anyway, no mark on the mirror so far as I can see and the Baader didn't feel as if it was touching or resting on the mirror either :smiley: .

Hi Mark,

Thanks for testing it for me! My 2" WO is also dielectric, so your test gives me exactly the information I need. Time to bring up the barlow with my wife and ask for permission to click the "purchase" button.

Best,

Ales

I'm glad it works. The Hyperion zoom is a 1.25" eyepiece though when all is said and done - the 2" barrel is just included for convenience. It does save messing with a 1.25" - 2" adapter if your other eyepieces are 2" format though.

Archived