I bought a telescope yesterday !!!!!!!!!! woohooo

ok i bought a telescope yesterday its a low budget one and know im not gonna see little green men walking accross the moon on it but anyway its my new baby and i love it lol!!

my new baby is a optus reflector telscope here is the detaisl of it

Technical Data: Focal Lenght is 700 mm mirror diameter is 76 mm. Magnification : Eyepiece 20 mm .. 35 x, eyepiece 12.5 mm ... 56 x , eyepiece 6 mm ... 116 x,

it also has a erecting eye piece 1.5 X

gonna order some good quality eye pieces for it when i get paid,so although you have all said dont get a low budget one (and i know you will probably all tut at me getting one not from your recomendations i just went out and bought it) only piad £40 so it will give me some sort of idea it also has a really steady AZ stand

thanks again for putting up with me the other night,

Leanne

p.s so its my fault its sooo cloudy and horrible sods law !!!!!

Leanne

Welcome to the forum and I hope enjoy using your new telescope.

Saturn will be at its best around March of next year although the rings will be almost edge-on. I should also say that it will be a bit small through a 76mm scope. Still worth a look though.

Geoff

......gonna order some good quality eye pieces for it when i get paid .....

Hi Leanne,

When you are ready, if your scope will take the 1.25 inch eyepieces you might be interested in these which I'm selling - I think they would be a step up from the ones supplied with the scope - but do check what size eyepieces your scope needs first !.

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?topic=16098.0

I have you have a lot of fun - nothing like the excitement of your 1st scope :D:):(

John

Archived