Quick Skyliner 150P Question

Hi, just a quick question:

Is the Skyliner 150p OTA the same as the 150pl? And so could I put it on an EQ mount at a later date?

Trying to decide between an Explorer 130P SupaTrak Auto and a Skyliner 150p and am tending toward the latter but want to know that it's adaptable

Yes, the Skyliner 150P dobsonian has the same 150mm F/8 optics as the Explorer 150PL EQ mounted scope. You could mount the dobsonian tube on an EQ mount with the addition of some tube rings and a dovetail bar.

I've put a Skyliner on an EQ mount, the only problem I had was the Dob mountings on the OTA restricting rotating the tube to get a good eyepiece position.

But if you're permantly going to mount on an EQ you could remove these.

I'm doing it the other way round. I bought the 150PL on an EQ3-2 mount, and I'm currently in the process of making a dob mount for it.

Now your talking. Good call. How about some pics in the DIY section?

• 3 weeks later...

Now your talking. Good call. How about some pics in the DIY section?

All in good time my friend !

I've bought the Alt "bearings" (drainage end-caps) from the Tool station and I'm currently waiting for a carpenter mate of mine to cut me two discs for the Azimuth bearing. When that's done it'll be full steam ahead and *then* I'll try and get some pics up ;)

Archived