Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Built in auto-guider interface...?

I am new to AP and thought I understood the 2 camera set up for guiding and imaging but may be not, can anyone clarify what this means in the feature list for a SX imaging camera?

- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with our optional dedicated external guide cameras. :hello2:

I can't work out how such an arrangement would be hooked up to function.

Thanks,

If I've understood the diagrams correctly, the guide camera plugs into a dedicated port on the Starlight Express imaging camera and it also has a usb port to connect to a computer. The imaging camera has a ST4 guide port which connects to the ST4 autoguide port on the mount, the imaging camera also has a usb connection back to the computer. The guide camera sends images to the guide software through its usb connection and the drive corrections from the guide software return through the imaging cameras usb and then on through the in-built guide port to the mounts ST4 port.

http://www.sxccd.com...94 handbook.pdf

Peter

Archived