Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally.. my first shots!

Zendrix

:hello2:

After battling with prime focus in a 130mm sky-watcher i just cut 3cm of the tube today and voilá... i placed the mirror back again and prime focus is ON! :)

This was my first attempt ever through a telescope. I'll post it without any processing, so you guys may tell me what could i improve... The image's quality is "L", but the actual JPEG files are only about 1.7M... Dont know why.

Anyways... here it goes! I'm a happy man, but conscious of the looong way to go until DSO!! :p

1st pic (ISO@400; 1/400)

album.php?albumid=2097&pictureid=17703picture.php?albumid=2097&pictureid=17703

2nd pic (ISO@800; 1/500)

picture.php?albumid=2097&pictureid=17704

I personally think the second one, being less exposed, reveals more of the surface than the 1st.

If you have the time and the patience, feedback is always welcome!

Cheers,

Rui

cool richard!

More uniform in colors.. i like it too... to be honest i like both, they offer different approaches... its always hard for me to settle with one choice! :hello2:

Cheers,

Rui

cool richard!

More uniform in colors.. i like it too... to be honest i like both, they offer different approaches... its always hard for me to settle with one choice! :laugh:

Cheers,

Rui

Thanks. It's always hard to tell, since we're processing, just how much and what to do. I try to aim for what I can remember of the live view - just what I think looks most natural. But that depends on so many factors because no two of us see things in the same way.

Archived