Tablet/Stellarium

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should work on most I would think ... it works on my Toshiba folio which is about 2 years old.

Android 2.2 and the new ones should be at least that or newer

---Co. founder of the Essex cloud dodgers social group (possibly? )---

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?/topic/152380-Can-We-Have-An-Essex-Group-In-The-Social-Group-Section-Please-?

Is there going to be a dew problem with having Tablets attached to scopes, or will they work ok in a plastic freezer bag, all zipped up.....not sure if there have fans inside, until mine turns up,,,,tracking e-mail says its in there hub for tomorrows delivery...:)

I had it running but didn't get any magnetic field warning so I hope it is ok, as for dew, I'm hoping the tab will be ok as it should get quite warm with running the apps without screen timeout, I think I will put it in a bin liner and tie it up when I bring it back inside just to be on the safe side, as that's when the condensation seems to be at its worst.

So when you order from Overclockers you get a e-mail tells you what time its going to be delivered 10:03 and 11:03 arrived at 10:30, very impressed with the Tablet as a Tablet but there's a lesson learnt here, when it says it doesn't have a Google license, it really means you can't download from Google Play and that's the only place that SkySafari Pro, the e-mail sent to Southern Stars confirmed this, so that's pretty much a waste of time, on the good side the Tablet won't charge with the wall charger just makes the screen flicker and the USB connection should do a trickle charge but the battery charge state icon still dropped. Contact with Overclockers they have sent me a RMA Number so its going back with a request for a Tablet that will download from Google Play and close to the price of this Tablet, will have to wait and see what transpires next week, but yes a i fancy a Tablet for the short time i used it i found it very handy.....

So when you order from Overclockers you get a e-mail tells you what time its going to be delivered 10:03 and 11:03 arrived at 10:30, very impressed with the Tablet as a Tablet but there's a lesson learnt here, when it says it doesn't have a Google license, it really means you can't download from Google Play and that's the only place that SkySafari Pro, the e-mail sent to Southern Stars confirmed this, so that's pretty much a waste of time, on the good side the Tablet won't charge with the wall charger just makes the screen flicker and the USB connection should do a trickle charge but the battery charge state icon still dropped. Contact with Overclockers they have sent me a RMA Number so its going back with a request for a Tablet that will download from Google Play and close to the price of this Tablet, will have to wait and see what transpires next week, but yes a i fancy a Tablet for the short time i used it i found it very handy.....

Have a look on xda developers site ... they hack custom rom's for most android devices

---Co. founder of the Essex cloud dodgers social group (possibly? )---

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?/topic/152380-Can-We-Have-An-Essex-Group-In-The-Social-Group-Section-Please-?

Yeah Knobby is right if you check xda-devs they mod most things on there and either host or have links to upgraded roms. Upgrading the rom might seem a little scarey at first but I do it all the time on my android kit. The upgraded roms usually add all the missing google apps like google play, gmail, maps etc etc.

Archived