NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

moons to big

phil m105

going to make myself sound very naive or very stupid or both,

but as im new to this hobby in the last week & only had my first telescope for 5 days i have a question,

ive been trying to take some basic images of the moon with a cheap webcam going through sharpcap.

i get fairly good pics of close up as it seems to magnify more than my 10mm ep for some reason, ive tried it without a barlow but can not manage to get the whole moon in veiw,

is there any way of decreasing the magnification to get a pic of the whole moon ?

Good question i was wondering the same thing just the other night? However i did find a cool piece of software called imerge which lets you make a moon mosaic from all your avi's it seems very easy to use but I've had cloud last few days so i have not been able to get all sections of the moon to get a full pic.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

I'll move over to imaging ............

With a webcam no, from what I know (which is still not much), it acts like a 6mm eyepeice.

The only way for a full moon is direct camera connection, or through the eye peice.

Someone else may know another way .................

makes me feel better some one else is puzzled lol,

i'll give imerge a try thanks

& have you had experience with registax at all?

Yes I've used registax, im still trying to get my head around it myself at the moment. Im at the 'load an avi and press random settings until something happens' stage at the moment :hello2:

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

yup it acts like a 6mm eyepiece so the mosaic is the best answer or a digital camera [either attached to eyepiece with a clamp[pretty expensive] or held against the eyepiece by hand ,which can be tricky to get a view]

Archived