NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Carpenter and Anixamander

Mike73

Sketched this at the EP last night using pastels and charcoal.

I rushed it as the cloud moved in and the seeing deteriorated, it took 30 minutes but with I had another 30 on it to do a better job.

Thought I'd show it anyway.

post-33489-13387778326_thumb.jpg

im not showing anymore of mine after your showings !

Rory, i hope you don't mean that! I would love to see your sketches, and certain that your art work will be an inspiration. I think that's the beauty of art, it cannot be in competition with another. I mean, who is foolish enough to say Mozart was a better composer than, say, a Beethoven or a McCartney or a Marley? Or that Van Gough was a better artist than, say, a Picasso, a Miro, or a Dalí?

Each and everyone to their own :)

Thanks guys.

I'm actually quite enjoying having the moon over head these days, it means more time spent at the EP compared to just observing DSO's for 3 weeks out of 4.

I think this is the beauty of sketching, it strengthens concentration and observation skills and also slows down the need to be on the hunt 'finding stuff' rather than appreciate the aesthetic qualities of a given sight.

Please post more :hello2:

qualia ,although id not ever get close to the pastel sketches that mike is producing or indeed other sketches ive seen here, i will certainly carry on and post some pics too. i was joking. its a enjoyment thing isnt it, the day i get bored of sketching is the day i'll stop.

Archived