Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Skymax 127 question

It's certainly possible. You need an adapter to convert the thread on the baffle tube to an SCT thread and then a 2" SCT diagonal.

However, I'm really not convinced there's much to be gained in doing so. There's not a lot of opportunity with the 127 Mak to get wider fields of view because of the diameter and length of the baffle tube. What was your reasoning behind thinking of doing the conversion?

(My 127 Mak came with a 2" SCT diagonal. I've since gone back to a 1.25".)

James

FWIW:

2" diag gains you about 0.2~0.3 useable field of view( the Physics of this is highly argueable,but somehow it works)

With a 2" ep & diag the little Mak's a bit bottom end heavy.

Don't tend to use a 2" ep in it much, but the sct diagonal's staying for all sorts of reasons. Stops me banging my head against the finder for starters.:hello2:

The field of view limits the use of 2" eyepieces. The standard 1.25" eyepieces are all you'll need. Not worth bothering with the extra expense of 2" oculars.

Archived