NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron zoom eyepiece.

Does anyone know if THIS is a good eyepiece? I have a MAK 127 so I believe they are quite forgiving. And do these eyepieces still work with a Barlow? Seems a bit strange that I can buy this one EP and save a few bob eliminating the others!

Thanks in advance! :hello2:

I have the William optics zoom and love it, I don't use a Barlow on it though, any focal length worth barlowing is covered by the zoom anyway and the shorter end of its range when barlowed goes way over what my 130 can handle, plus it make my eyes go all funny. :hello2:

The only bad thing i can see about the Celestron zoom is the 40 degrees FOV. 60 degrees is fine. 40 degrees feels like looking down the tube of a toilet roll. Its not very pleasing, but as with most things you would get used to it.

The Celestron one's a good punt for the price but it came last in a SaN survey against 4 others due to the internal reflections and insubstantial engineering. Pentax won the survey with Baader and TV somewhere in between. But I guess it all depends how much faith you put in surveys and how close the individual zooms are to each other :hello2:

After doing more searching and reviewing. I've found that the Celestron is very hard to find and that the Meade 4000 8-24mm is cheaper and more accessible. Thanks for your help, I'm going to try out the Meade. I can pick it up for around $100 CDN so that's not bad!

Archived