NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon 29th May - 1100D+Scope

hayju01

Having spent 2 months deliberating about which DSLR to get I finally got the Canon EOS 1100D and today took delivery of the T-ring. Having spent the evening setting up my stepdads new laptop I was keen to get out and give this a whirl (i'd taken a few widefield and A-focal thru binos over the weekend) but not that keen to get the neq6 out :-)

So it was with my somewhat under used Konus 90 that I ventured out to have a quick lunar session.

plenty of images to process but here's a quick one for comments and guidance.

Thanks for looking

post-24560-133877781843_thumb.jpg

Thanks Episkey :-)

Yeah i'm not to good at judging focus either while taking the image or when reviewing them. in that one i may have despeckled in PS which could have had some effect i

dont know.

This one is I have tweaked contrast and exposure in Camera Raw and then cropped and 125% in PS. I think its better but what do I know ;-)

post-24560-133877782284_thumb.jpg

corrected link in second post.

thanks badgerchap. The first was sharpened, unsharped and despeckled so in other words over processed and of course focus could have been out to start with :-)

Here's second image with just a sharpen in PS added.

post-24560-133877782287_thumb.jpg

Here we are - neglected the despeckle in the end but used sharpen and unsharp mask. I think you got better detail than me, but then your scope has greater aperture.

Out of interest, how many MP does your dslr have?

Nice one! I'd say it was too close to call on the detail.

I used RAW file mode on the Canon 1100D so 12MP

hello, im new to astronamy in the last month ive just bought my first scope & would like to do some basic imaging of planets with webcam ive got registax & sharpcap, tonight i tried to get saturn on my webcam but was unable to see the image on laptop although i could see it in eye peice am i doing something wrong? could anyone give some advice it would be very helpfull & sorry if this is the wrong place to ask its my first post & wasnt sure how to start a new question post....... help!!!!

Life's one big comprimise ;-)

I think you've got some great detail there, couldn't do too much with the bmp you posted but here's what I did managed (i'm no PS expert)

post-24560-133877782864_thumb.jpg

Archived