Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nexstar Software Disks??

I got 3 disks to load with my Celestron Nexstar scope, but honestly I dont know what to use it for. One is called First Light, another is Nexstar Observers List, and well last one is the instruction manual..

I figured out the last one :( but what are the others used for and how can I use them?

thanks

Hi,

Nexstar Observers List (NSOL) for short is a program for organising your observing session, making a list of objects you want to see and then controlling your goto mount via a PC to go to each item in the list in turn. There is also a version of the program for pocket pc's that takes a list from the pc program and you can then use the pocket pc to control your scope.

It's a nice program that I like to use with my Celestron SLT102. It was written by Mike Swanson - visit his website www.nexstarsite.com for an explanation of the app and how to use it, plus loads of other useful stuff for nexstar users.

The screenshots that KevinC linked to in his post include a star map that is actually a program (also free on th web) called Cartes du Ziel. The reason this screenshot is there is to show that NSOL has a button that will automatically open CdZ and show the object you have selected in NSOL (as long as you have CdZ installed on your PC. CdZ can also easily be linked to a goto telescope to show you on screen where you scope is pointing and even to move the scope.

oh I gotcha thanks!

I guess I would need to buy a cable to connect the scope to the computer in order to use that then?

Yes, a cable would be required. You can buy them or if you have a soldering iron they are easy to make - connection diagram is on nexstarsite.com :(

Archived