Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 North America + IC5070 Pelican

polakovic

Wow - That's quite a project you have going there! I love the resolution you can appear to get by undertaking a mosaic (With mine I find they can hide a multitude of sins :)!). Is this part of a full NB project (and are you going to get those two corners)...?

I reckon you may well be able to stretch this a bit more (and maybe add some contrast?) - I downloaded it to check and I'm sure it will take it. However you might want to check the black point on the Histogram - It appears to be a little clipped(?), but it's still got great promise :(

Wow - That's quite a project you have going there! I love the resolution you can appear to get by undertaking a mosaic (With mine I find they can hide a multitude of sins :)!). Is this part of a full NB project (and are you going to get those two corners)...?

I reckon you may well be able to stretch this a bit more (and maybe add some contrast?) - I downloaded it to check and I'm sure it will take it. However you might want to check the black point on the Histogram - It appears to be a little clipped(?), but it's still got great promise :(

Yes, you are right, it can be stretched much more but then some ugly artifacts are visible near pelican nebula. This part actually came from year old data, I'll take another two tiles for upper 1/3 of the mosaic and then process it one more time.

With only 4 tiles used it looks like this...

NGC7000.jpg

Archived