Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

neptune with binoculars?

skysplitter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just found uranus using my 8x30 binos.On a clear night it was no problem but when i was looking through a thin mist layer i could only catch it with averted vision.

Talitha,

the charts for uranus are exactly what i was seeing apart from my view was not as detailed.

i used stellarium to narrow its position down and im delighted that i managed to track it down and i view it as my first real bit of astronomy :D

I have just found uranus using my 8x30 binos.On a clear night it was no problem but when i was looking through a thin mist layer i could only catch it with averted vision.

Talitha,

the charts for uranus are exactly what i was seeing apart from my view was not as detailed.

i used stellarium to narrow its position down and im delighted that i managed to track it down and i view it as my first real bit of astronomy :D

Wow!... well done indeed. i must give it go myself

Archived