meridian flip problem

Help….. I’ve a Heq5 pro on a solid concrete pillar. I’ve checked and double checked its all level, and polar alignment seems spot on. But when I do a meridian flip the accuracy seems way off (just about able to see object at edge of a 32mm EP), when I return back to other side its spot on again. Thanks for any help. Lee

'Level' is not necessary and has no bearing on polar alignment. If the PA is good it's good.

Quite honestly, a flip which keeps the object in the EP seems like a pretty good flip to me! It's very hard on budget mounts to get much better than that. After the flip I'd just centre and re-confirm the alignment so as to initialize it for that side of the mount and be happy.

Olly

Thanks auspom, nice little video - i'll be out with the drill later, lol.

Thanks ollypenrice - seeing as I've only got the Heq5 I've nothing to compare it too, I've never had a problem with a meridian flip with my Dob, lol

I'll take onboard everything that's been said, cheers

Lee

But when I do a meridian flip the accuracy seems way off (just about able to see object at edge of a 32mm EP), when I return back to other side its spot on again.

Could this just be a matter of parallax?

Archived