Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon 550d or 600d?

• 1 month later...

Hi Joe, i have the 600D & i am really happy with it for both everyday use & astronomy wise.

As for a comparison against the 550D there's not really a lot in it, the 600D has the tilt swivel screen which is brilliant not just for hard to view angles but it gets protected by turning it around & closing it into the back of the camera when carrying.

The camera has Intelligent Auto Scene (no good for astronomy mind), a feature guide (this explains what each setting does on the camera itself but you do tend to use Manual mode in the end), built in wireless flash control, it feels very substantial & sturdy as well. By the way the movie features are fantastic & even more camera options to be had if you install the MagicLantern firmware as well inc an exposure setting if your into shooting Lightning photographs :-)

But the 550D.......................Is cheaper approx $65, lighter 530 g V's 570g, starts up quicker 400ms V's 1500ms , thinner 2.4" V's 3.1" to point out a few.

There is hardly anything it Joe tbh, i got the 18 - 55 mm kit lense with mine & also bought the 55-250mm as i use mine for 'normal' use as well, it's getting expensive lol

I've not had mine long Joe but it is a fantastic bit of kit as is the 550D from what i have read, take a look on YouBoob & just put 550D on here in the search box as there will be astro pics here if thats what your going to be in to.

Hope it helps a bit, i see you had not one reply so far :-( sorry i didnt see your post earlier mate.

All the best

Archived