Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just what I was looking for!

Hooch

Hello Guys/Gals,

I'm 23 from Dunstable and very new to astronomy, just got myself a 200p after having a Celestron 130SLT and very impressed with the size of the new scope (of course not had the weather to use it!).

I was looking for a local club to come along to and get some advice as, if i'm honest, I have very little knowledge of any of all this.

Im keeping an eye out of EP's to try and fill the Flight Box I have!

Any events going on anytime, not really looking to attend a talk at the moment (unless its by Mr Cox!).

Just wanted to see what equipment poeple had ect.

Also, any known good places to go and view in the area?

Hi Hooch

Since this group started we've been stymied by the weather and haven't actually managed a proper meet. We've discussed using Wrest Park and this will probably be our main meeting point until someone come up with a better location. I've also been up to Stockgrove Park (in Heath and Reach) a couple of times with binos but they lock the car park quite early and the best position is at the top of a hill with no vehicular access.

There are a couple of groups I knbow of: Beds Astro: http://bedsastro.org.uk/

and MK AS which I believe is attached to the OU: www.mkas.org.uk/

Garry

Archived