NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How do you get a picture in your signature?

Hi,

I have tried to find an answer to this question by searching but nothing is coming up so sorry if it is a repeated question, but how do you get a picture in your signature?

I have tried pasting a tiny picture in but I keep getting the error..."your signature can only be 1000 characters long including bb code". Or something like that!

Some people have much bigger pictures that I am trying to paste in.

My pictures are on my computer not on a website so I can't type in the web address.

Thanks.

Bryan

You can't Paste an Image I'm afraid.

Look to the extreme left on the Blue bar below the Stargazers Logo, and click on the Control Panel Button. You will find the means in there to add a custom Image to your Signature.

Ron.

Hi Luke

No, I am talking about the signature area at the bottom of the individual posts.

Most people have their equipment listed out but some also have a picture or banner.

I will take another look in the Control Panel Barkis, thanks; but I didn't have any luck last time.

Bryan

It is possible to convert an image into a base64 string. The page below explains and allows you to upload an image and convert it into the base64 code for you. You then just copy and paste the information in the image tag box into your signature:

http://webcodertools.com/imagetobase64converter

Image would have to be pretty small to fit into 1000 characters though..

... I will take another look in the Control Panel Barkis, thanks; but I didn't have any luck last time.

Bryan

Your problem might be the image size. It must be 500x100 pixels or less.

Control Panel

Edit Signature

Signature Picture

Option 2

Browse

Upload

:)

Archived