NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First time using Registax with Coronado PST

thenews24

Hi all,

Today was my first time using RegiStax 6 with some of my AVI files observed today.

I'm new to the software so bare with me.

Equipment used:

-Coronado PST (stock)

-Orion StatShoot Color Imaging Camera IV ( I know monochrome would be best for the PST, but haven't saved up enough for a decent CCD yet, would like to get the DMK41)

-Meade DSM mount (its a horrible tracker so I can usualy only gather arounf 150 -200 frames before there is too much movement out of fov)

-CEMAX Barlow 2x

For a low budget setup like I have, I'm still impressed with the quality of the 40mm pst.

Can't wait to get all the parts for a stage 1 mod!

Thanks for vieiwing.

yy.jpg

yy.jpg

That is an exellent first image. As a helpful (I hope) hint try using Registax 5 as it is easier to use and copes with "drifting" far better than R6 does - Quite a few folk complain of the "crazy paving" effect when using R6 - you will know what that means when you see it!!

That is an exellent first image. As a helpful (I hope) hint try using Registax 5 as it is easier to use and copes with "drifting" far better than R6 does - Quite a few folk complain of the "crazy paving" effect when using R6 - you will know what that means when you see it!!

Great advice, I used RegStax 5 and 6 just now on the same avi file to compare. 5 did work a lot better, with all the drift I'm having.

RegiStax 5

may17234.jpg

RegiStax 6

may17234regi6.jpg

Archived