Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Glob confirmation

Cloudwatcher

I tried a bit of imaging on Tuesday in view of the rare glimpse of clear skies available just to see if I could remember what to do. No particular object in mind just a few wide field shots. In one of these there appears a cluster which I think is either M14 or M15. It doesn't show up very well in the original so I have done a crop and rough enhancement and feel 14 is the best bet. Can any one confirm?

Cheers

CW

I would bet my pension on that being M14 in Ophiuchus. Not easily resolved that one CW. You did good there.

55 light years across, and 23K ly distance from moi.

It's only a tenth of the diameter of the full moon tha knows.

It has 70 known variable stars in it. Good target for Astroman that one. Info. gleaned from Messier Album, and not my memory by the way. :(

Ron. :)

Thank you gents for your informed advises. There doesn't appear to be all that many pictures of M14 on the web (well not that look like a blob of frog spawn anyway) but M14 seemed the most likely.

M14 my foot!!!

That's a BORG sphere that is.....straight out of Star Trek!

JV :)

:laughing3:

Great idea JV! When complete I will file it under the title...14 of 110..in proper Borg fashion! :(

Cheers

CW

Luke Skywalker - "Quick, he's heading for that globular cluster"

Obi Wan Kenobi - "That's not M14.......That's a space station!"

Han Solo - "No, thats way too big to be a space station!"

Luke Skywalker - "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Chewbacca - "NGHARRRRGGGGG"

:(

Archived