Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Getting hold of a Gerd Neumann Aurora Flat-Field Panel

my next question is how exactly do you attach it to the front of the scope :) and i would want to power it with a cigar type connection from my leisure battery is that also possible ??

You don't actually attach it (as supplied) : you point the scope at zenith and rest it on top.

I tend to do mine indoors the next day (so don't disturb the optical train.)

Yes, by default they come with cigar plugs to plug into your leisure battery. The larger panels (220mm and above) can be powered from an AC source (if you purchase the extra adaptor as I did.)

I see. I would prefer a way of sticking it on the end so that after a filter change I don't have to point at zenith take flats then get back on my target to start imaging again

You don't want to waste imaging time taking flats. If they are in a filter wheel, they aren't really going to move.

Do the flats after the session, or the next day :)

Cheers Stephen. I will have to have a think as I do have to adjust focus between filters as they aren't exactly parfocal plus transporting the rig home without knocking the focuser is easier said than done :).

The website doesn't state that they come with a cigar type plug and the picture for the 4" panel has what looks like banana plugs supplied

Better send them an email

I see. I would prefer a way of sticking it on the end so that after a filter change I don't have to point at zenith take flats then get back on my target to start imaging again

I have stuck an arc of draft excluder on mine and provided the scope isn't pointing downwards, it stays in place. If this isn't clear I would be happy to take a pic.

Dave

Archived