NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

friday

Daniel-K

although tierd after coming in from work at 6am on friday i got ready for a trip to the forest :headbang: after getting to the forest at 8 it was a long wait till it went dark so i had enough time to collimate :) it was partly cloudy till 12 then it really cleared up as vega was coming up the milky way was just barely viable but there was alot more stars out then normally when were there so the conditions were good. first up was m13 in truly a great sight in the 16 with the 25mm hd60 EP the propeller was visable :) i then up the mag to a 9mm m13 filled the EP it was like sprinkles of sugar the EP there was so many stars. although ideal for galaxys m81 &m82 was a must. 82 was the brightest i have ever seen the dust lane clearly visible it looked like you could just pick it up of the surface of the EP. m101 was the best i have ever seen the core was visible with some fuzzy patch' surrounding it but the main joy was seeing the spiral arms in m51 again so clear and defined the two cores were so bright i love this galaxy. the owl nebula was very blue more than normal. there was alot more i seen but nothing new the ring neb got a quick look in too having a 16 inch if i wrote everything i saw the thread would drag a bit so i just pick out the best bits. thanks for reading and clear sky's

Nice one Danny.

If the sky is transparent and dark enough the full majesty of M101,s spiral arms are not to be missed.

Around 150x I found to be perfect mag for it with the 16". Looking like a giant catherine wheel with long spiral arms being flung out from the core.

It's one of those objects that the detail comes slowly. First you just see the hazy patch but stay with it the detail will come, and boy what detail. :)

It's at the time of year when it's high in the sky that these views are possible. The rest of the year it hides low down in the muck.

Nice dark, transparent skies coupled with large aperture can bring astonishing detail out.

Nice one Danny.

If the sky is transparent and dark enough the full majesty of M101,s spiral arms are not to be missed.

Around 150x I found to be perfect mag for it with the 16". Looking like a giant catherine wheel with long spiral arms being flung out from the core.

It's one of those objects that the detail comes slowly. First you just see the hazy patch but stay with it the detail will come, and boy what detail. :)

It's at the time of year when it's high in the sky that these views are possible. The rest of the year it hides low down in the muck.

Nice dark, transparent skies coupled with large aperture can bring astonishing detail out.

:headbang: will try that next i was with a few people so i was just going through a bunch of targets, but there's nothing like a session on your own really am loving the 16 steve :) will be with me for a long time

Sorry Daniel but I had to skip reading some bits of your report, mostly bits about seeing dust lanes clearly etc Talk like that is no good for a blokes marriage!! :):D

Seriously, great report. Always enjoy peoples reports here whether its 3" or 16". :headbang:

Talk like that is no good for a blokes marriage!! :):D

lol @ mike ive only had this scope a few months and im after a 22" lol the wife is going bonkers so i bought an ed80 to suppress my addiction of buying astro equipment :)

hi im danny and i have a problem so far this month i have bought an ED 80

2INCH quartz dielectric diagonal

32mm ep

25mmep

20mm ep

14mm ep

x2 9mm ep one is a bgo

5.5 mm ep

8x0 finder

some flocking paper

a 2inch LP filter

and today the wife went on holiday with the kids (ive started new job so cant go) and im itching to get some green EPS and az4 mount she is gunna kill me when she comes home :headbang:

Archived