Car Boot Booty.

Don't you just love car boots. Well I do, and this mornings haul included a Skywatcher 76mm Heritage Dob that was complete with 2 EP's a 2x Barlow, Star Chart, Planaisphere, all boxed !

On the next stall I found an ex military 4 x 20 angled finder scope.

The finderscope fits the mount perfectly and even has cross-hairs. As a bonus I found my Baader Solar Filter that was on my 70mm refractor fits without modification.

Scope was £5.00, finder scope £2.00 , glad I got up early today and it is perfect for keeping in the car.

There was a distinct lack of 10" Maks or 6" refractors though....maybe next week :)

Paul

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0360.jpg

DSCN0361.jpg

DSCN0363.jpg

good haul, but a word of cation, it looks like you are just resting the solar filter on the end of the scope, if you are viewing and a breeze blows it off, you will lose the sight in your viewing eye! if it is secured on the scope, ignore my comment

good haul, but a word of cation, it looks like you are just resting the solar filter on the end of the scope, if you are viewing and a breeze blows it off, you will lose the sight in your viewing eye! if it is secured on the scope, ignore my comment

Hi Jules , thanks for your concern, the filter is a very snug fit inside the OTA and quite safe :). However, excellent advice, your eyes are very precious and you should never take any risks with them.

Paul

It does appear to be attached to a cardboard tube inserted into the OTA which is much more sensible ofc :) Not a bad days work for £7 maybe that 14"SCt will be on sale for a tenner next week....

Archived