NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skysurfer V on a Tal OTA?

Ive just bought a second hand Skysurfer V and I would like to fit it to my Tal 100RS as I am a beginner and am finding the standard finder scope a bit hard to use at the moment.

It has a Skywatcher type foot which seperates from the main body of the unit.

Is there anything available to fit it to my scope without drilling the OTA?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

I think i will be the dreaded drill, i want to mount my 9x50 right angle finder on my 100RS, i have a spare bracket, just cant bring myself to drill the OTA, though its easy and i have done this type of work before

Andy, yes that is an option for me, my skywatcher foot will locate on one hole in the tal ota, but i want to mount the finder further along the tube, away, away from the focuser

Jules - Off the top of my head.........How about a small length(dependant on how far up you want the finder to sit) of alu flat bar, drilled for the two holes already on the ota and another one or two for the skywatcher foot at the other end. Stick a bit of felt under the bar to lessen the chance of marking the tube.

Just a thought.

Andy.

Archived