Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble nebula Iris Nebula and M52

Quatermass

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well we must not give up Gina its all part of it I guess, consoled myself with the fact that its now clouded over so it would have been a failed night any way.
Ah yes, you are right of course :) Clear sky ATM but cloud forecast for tonight - still, we'll see :headbang:
The Iris is a tricky little blighter it took me while to find it the other night as well but I found the bubble nebula straight away just aimed the telescope and took a shot and it was right in the frame, very lucky that. M101 is a nice target its a bit faint but its still a nice galaxy to capture.
Yes, certainly seems the Iris is difficult :) You seem to have had a similar experience to me - no Iris but straight on something else ;) Yes, M101 looks quite a nice one :) Still running DSS on mine. Messed up the darks - set ISO to 3200 rather than 1600 grrrr. I'll take some correct ones tonight - don't need a clear sky for that :)
I am thinking its not worth bothering to get another dual axis kit if this one has had it instead go all out sell my fishing gear and get a new Heq5 as I love astroimaging and dont go fishing much anymore but will have a think about it all first.
Looks like you may get fixed up from later posts - hope so :)
Looks like were all having a bit of bad luck what with your roof blowing off malcs mount kaking up on him and several others on the forum having troubles. Well we will just have to take it in our stride,sorry to hear your pickup is going to cost so much to fix cars are costly to run these days. Oh well the stars will all be there tomorrow so just have to grin and bear it for now. Ho hum :):)
Yes, quite true. I don't really "need" any more kit at present - there oodles to do with what I've got - guess I'm just greedy :) Or impatient :( Or both!! Trouble is I've been really bitten by the AP bug - I'm not doing other things I ought to do :D Must watch it I guess :( Anyway, been doing a long overdue clearing up and found a Peltier TEC I've been hunting for, for a long time. It was where I've looked twice :D

Archived