Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus

Naemeth

Just had my first glimpse of Venus, and I've got a question, has it always been this beautiful? Even through a small 130P with a 25mm EP it's still just brilliant, those phases are spectacular (and remind me of the moon). Wow, just wow!

Am I the only one?

No you are not alone, Venus is a lovely sight, if a bit lacking in detail (well pretty much lacking in detail in fact) but it is a joy to see it. After looking at it with the eye alone, it opens out through the telescope exactly as you describe - a lovely sight indeed :clouds2:

I showed my brother Venus through my scope last night just as it was getting dark, first with my 20mm, then with my 7mm ep. His reaction was "WOW, that is ******* amazing!"

Yep, it pretty much is!

D.C

As a matter of fact I had the little Tal Alkor out last night to observe Saturn but I got locked in on Venus. The small VERY bright crescent looked beautiful at 67x. I used my Siebert 26mm Alkor e/p with the Tal Barlow. Cheers:icon_confused:

Archived