NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Suitable Filter

Hello all,

I'm looking to make a suitable Solar Filter for my Skywatcher Heritage 130P (Flextube), and it has been recommended to me (by FLO) to get some Baader Solar Film, now, I was wondering if I could have any advice of how to attach it and what to do, and a suitable cover for the FlexTube part too, I was thinking a towel to be honest, but I don't know ;).

Appreciate the help, and if you don't know what the scope looks like, you can see it here.

It is realatively easy to make a solar filter for the front of the scope. Instructions are included with the Baader film and are available on teh Baader website as well.

To cover the open part of the trus on your flextube you will need a well fitting and light tight shroud. I don't know if Astrozap make a little one to fit the Heritage 130P? If you are handy with a needle and thread you could make one out of some blackout curtan material. A simple tube with a velcro covered zip and a drawstring top and bottom should do it.

have a look around a camping store.

what your looking for is a camping/sleeping foam mat. ( try the norwich market ;) )

Velcro from a haberdashery store ( try the norwich market buddy :eek: )

couple o quid you can quickly knock up a light shroud using the above.

If you go along to you local garden center you can buy cheap black capillary matting material to make a shroud using some Velcro strips, just another idea for you to consider :clouds2:

John.

Hi from me hope ya well,the camping matt works well you will have enough spare to make a dew shield,for the scope as well that should help with stray light.clive (telesto) made this way for is 200p flex tube

Isn't the camping matt too thick?

I was looking at this thread, where Hig used 3mm foam, I just need to find where to get that foam... unless the camping matt definitely works, do I have to get a specific thickness?

Archived