Just a quick intro

daz395

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive just wrote a massive long reply to everyone who welcomed me, and thanking all who looked at my pics. But when I hit the reply button, Id found the site had logged me out and I lost the lot. Is there a way to stop this happening at all?

Im rather miffed :S

Ive just wrote a massive long reply to everyone who welcomed me, and thanking all who looked at my pics. But when I hit the reply button, Id found the site had logged me out and I lost the lot. Is there a way to stop this happening at all?

Im rather miffed :S

daz a generic many thanks every 10-15 welcome's is alright [and you can pm peep's as well seperate if you want

Ahhh thats ok, I usually like to thank people individually... probably a courtesy gesture but now I know how this site works a tad more I see your point now. If I waffle too long, the message will be lost. Ive suffered three strokes over the past few years so that makes me waffle a lot.

Hi Daz welcome to SGL.

BC&F are still going strong.

They have a shop now in Lingfield, Surrey and go under the retail name of Telescope House.

http://www.telescopehouse.com/ This is their website address.

(I am in no way affiliated to BC&F or Telescope House)

Its good to see they are still going strong, I still have (somewhere) one of their postal odering catalogues from way back when I bought my 3" reflector. Astro promotions were one of the biggest stores back then, I suppose they've just had a name change too.

I remember their reflectors having a collimation system that would never go out, and I can vouch for that with my 3" one its been banged around in cars, dropped in fields and actually once fell off a small cliff when the wind took it down on the tripod. Still worked perfectly just badly in need of a mirror clean.

Archived