NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

recommend a few more doubles to look for

I have been getting into doubles becuase they're good summer (ie: proper dark skies not needed) objects. Here's a few of my faves...

Albeiro

Rasalgethi (there's also a tight double near that takes high mags to split)

Cor Caroli

Almach

Mizar/Alcor

And of course the double/double

Tony..

is the double double here?

image.jpg

never seen it...

when Orion comes around there's a triple just below the belt. Sorry - that's the only one I know other than horse and rider :?

Andrew

Yes Andrew. That is the double double Epsilon Lyra. E1 is 2.8 arc secs and E2 is 2.3 arc secs. When condition are right, and your scope has settled to equilibrium, they are quite easily seperated.

Ron. :(

Andrew.

Gamma Andromeda is a nice double. Orange and blue binary. Gamma Delphini. Yellow and Green nice pair. Gamma Airies is a nice fixed pair at Mag.8.2.

Most of the stars in the galaxy are double. I think one SGL's members is a double star officionado. I think it might be lunator. I apologize to him if I am incorrect in that.

Ron. :(

Andrew.

Gamma Andromeda is a nice double. Orange and blue binary. Gamma Delphini. Yellow and Green nice pair. Gamma Airies is a nice fixed pair at Mag.8.2.

Most of the stars in the galaxy are double. I think one SGL's members is a double star officionado. I think it might be lunator.

thanks a lot Ron - got to get into that...

Yep - Ian/Lunator's our double man.

Andrew

Cygnus is well placed at the moment and in addition to Albireo check out 61 Cygn' a 5th Mag yellowish orange double

and Omicron 1 Cygn' an optical double that looks like a triple. The pair consist of a yellow/orange star with with a smaller blue/green star close in to the West. The third component is blue/white and lies further out to the East. A nice subject for imaging. Still in Cygnus,Delta Cygn' is a close double worth a visit.

CW

Archived