Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 04 May 2012

Episkey

Second attempt at Saturn tonight. Still blurry but an improvement on my first attempt. Taken with Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000, captured in Sharpcap, stacked in Registax 5.1, processed in Photoshop CS5. Any tips on how to get a better image would be greatly appreciated. Is this the limit my webcam can do... or can I get some stunning images with some practice?

saturn1processed.png

Episkey,

you have some good colour in there:), how many frames and at what rate did you capture? did you use a Barlow etc.?? the framing of Saturn in the camera could be a bit squarer. keep at it:icon_salut:

Episkey,

I'm no GURU, but I think you should be looking to set your frames to 10, gain as low as possible but still able to see the planet, put your gamma on about 8 it will help later with contrast, and you really need to be capturing a good two or three mins of AVI to stack in Registax.

mostly enjoy what you do!!

Archived