NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Focuser Draw Tube Lengths

Hi, myself and another SGL member are currently investigating upgrading the stock focuser on our 300p flextubes.

This has led to looking into moonlite focusers, as the converstion kit provides a problem free installation fit.

We would like to clarify the variations on draw tube lengths, as Moonlite focusers provide a range from between 70mm to 38mm of travel? The stock Skywatcher focuser is I believe approx 75mm. For visual the 50mm is recommended, however what are the implications for various lengths such as - will the focuser require to be relocated, and how if at all will this affect the focus.

Thanks

I can't honestly answer that!

If I assume you will have 55-60mm back focus made available for a DSLR/ CCD etc and the travel on the new focuser is roughly 30mm, you'll need probably a 25mm and/ or a 40mm spacer to allow your eyepieces to come to focus.

Hope this makes some sense.....

Archived