Where to shop? (north-west)

I am new to astronomy, and I am doing some reading (turn left at orion), and trying to look out on clear nights to get an idea whats up there. I am thinking of getting a skywatcher 200p in a few weeks/months. But I would like to visit a shop and see the various types of telescopes so I can be sure of my decision.

Where in the north-west is there a shop(s) for me to visit to gain help and look at stuff. I live in Blackpool, I am aware of a place in Stockport, but wondered if there was anything else.

Many thanks

Opticstar don't do skywatcher dobs or they didn't when I got mine , binoculars and telescopes in Stockport (might be tels and bins) didn't have any on display when I went though they do supply them, not sure where else there is , I have ended up getting all my stuff online , took a chance with my dob as wasn't sure of the size but it doesn't take up any more room than the 150 , it's big but manageable. For a display of scopes Opticstar in sale sth m/c is excellent though.

Another vote for Optic Star - Sathya's really helpful. I got my 200P from there too. Lots of stuff to look at in their showroom. They do do dobs but i think only the flex variety. It was certainly seeing the size of the 250 flex tube dob close up in their shop that decided me the 200P was big enough to handle and the scope for me.

M

I visited Binoculars-uk before Christmas. They don't have a showroom as such but seem happy to have visitors.

Why not visit Blackpool and District Astronomy Society, there is a meeting tonight at St Kentigerns Parish Social Centre on Newton Drive. It starts at 8pm.

I bought my gear from Rother Valley Optics.

Archived