Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

when selling scope ?

just trying to find out if it is worth p/x my ickle astromaster when i go for upgrade with the dealer,or would i be better just selling outright for the cash ?

Celestron AstroMaster 90 EQ Refracter Telescope= my scope.

im struggling to find evidence of second hand sold 90mm astromasters, and needed to have a price in mind . i realise they are not worth a massive amount , but id have thought £50/60 would be about the mark. anyone sold one of these or have an idea what they fetch or part ex for.

( im not selling it just now by the way , so im not hinting as such,i know selling here is out of bounds)

but, if i cant get more than fifty quid i might as well keep it as a grab and go for holidays or something i suppose.

ive looked at archives on buy and sell and fleabay for pointers but cant see anything, which made me think a p/x might be a better option .

put it on astro buy and sell, you might get a fair price but px will be very low.

Im glad your aware of the no selling on here

oh okay, so p/x with dealers is not the way to go then.

I have seen this scope advertised for £104 new, so going by the rule of 60% resale price you selling price is about right, However, given the price of postage or alternatively petrol for the person to collect it if they don't live local to you is going to make for a slow sale if I'm being honest. You've got nothing to lose putting it on gumtree to see what happens, but personally I would keep it and put a bit of Baader solar film on the front and use it as a dedicated pick up and go solar scope.

James

Archived