Tal 200K + mount on ebay

rawhead

Just got a pm back from the seller of the above.

He's a member here on SGL and I helped him out slightly, with both the 2M and Klev. I thought I recognised the aluminium top plate adapter, as I made him one whilst doing mine. Genuine nice bloke.

Andy.

I noticed this scope the other day http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?t=187211 I know I let my TAL200K go for pennies (£300) but £400 for a 200K with pier and Tal 2 reflector :hello2:. There was a 200K OTA a little while back on ebay that sold for £580 if memory serves me correctly. They are a very nice scope but it may be that the 200K is a heavy weight in comparrison to alternative long focal length scopes that grasp the same amount of light. Maybe this is putting some people off ??? as I can't understand why there isn't more bids on this bargain bucket.

The 200K in the ebay ad was originally owned by SGL user, 'Eliot'. He then sold it to Greg, who is the bloke selling it on ebay.

Shall be watching the outcome with interest, especially as the 200K/2M combo is what I use.

Andy.

If the item pictures are anything to go by, they weren't into AP :-)

You've got a point. It was pretty poorly presented.

That said, the 200K does seem to be one of the best value, 2nd hand scopes on the market.

As far as planetary imaging goes, I honestly think it's a match for the C9.25 ...

Archived