Thanks for the help, now is this busted...

Howdy everyone, first a big thanks to everyone who helped me choose a scope awhile back. I finaly chose an explorer 150p and unboxed it yesterday.

So last night it was clear with fast moving clouds in SW London, and i had to give the scope a go... and found SATURN!

Awsome. Albeit very bright (couldn't make out any colour/detail) and small.

There is one thing i'm not sure about is whether my EQ3-2 mount is busted or meant to be like this;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ersl0ryae3y1zpq/20120426_192812.jpg

Where the polar scope is meant to go (i didn't bother getting one) the setting circle is wobbly and doesn't meet up flush with the er other metal circle.

20120426_192812.jpgThe black end cannot screw in anymore to meet up with the setting circle. Is it broken? Does it matter?

The wobbly surface just looks like the protective plastic over the dial to stop it getting scratched until delivered. I don't have that mount, but I'm guessing the gap is meant to be there so movement is possible between the two pieces.

it does look like your mount has the old polar scope attachment, basacally you get a new eq 3-2 polar scope, and you unscrew the old one (where the thumb screws are) and screw in the new one. the new one (on mine) was then flush and there wasnt much of a gap.

When the mount is locked, can you rotate the polar scope (the scope not the setting metal setting circle)? If you can then it means the polar scope have came loose. You just need to screw it back in. Don't worry too much about the gap.

Archived