Updating CPC1100 Hand control software

:(

Right then. We tried to download the latest firmware thingy-me-doodle for my dad's CPC1100 Nexstar Handset. No problem until I then try to connect my laptop to the CPC Base with the RS232 cable supplied.

First problem is that the laptop input and the RS232 end are both female!

'Okay then' I thought 'I'll just buy a male-male converter, that'll do the trick'

I look online to find them and suddenly notice that there are both 9 in and 15 pin connections.

'Darn' I thought, 'I didn't count how many pins'. So off I go to check and I count 9 pins on the laptop connection. I then looked at the RS232 cable and to my utter annoyance found it had 15 pins.

'Gaaarrrgggh' I shouted.

'So, I need to get a 9 pin male to 15 pin male converter then' I said to myself turning back my attention to the laptop to continue my search.

After 10 minutes of searching, I can't seem to find any such converters! :p

Does anyone know where you can get one (if they exist at all other than in my fantasies!) and if not, will the CPC Handset pick up another connection, such as USB perhaps? The manual only mentions the RS232 cable :)

Anyone got any ideas? ;)

Chris

:)

Archived