New finder scope advise.

Hello,I was just wondering if anyone on here has tried the baader 40mm super sky surfer v?

It's to go on a 200p eq5,and basically I want one that mounts firmer than the standard one. Everytime I nudge the standard one even slightly I have to realign it.

I was looking at that a few weeks ago to replace the rubbish rdf that came with my scope. It was a little bit overkill for me so I went for the Baader Skysurfer III. Found it very easy to fit, easy to align and only £22. For all of those reasons I am glad I went for it

The Skysurfer V is a fully enclosed multi-reticule red dot type finder and is reputed to be one of the best of that type around. The Skysurfer III is much simpler and less expensive but is a very good implementation of the single red dot type finder.

Hi. I fully understand what you say about the standard view finder being knocked out of true very easily, so I fitted the skysurfer III as well so I always have a back up and although it's a cheap RDF it really does work well. :D

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I'm also wondering if it magnifies or not. I do like the view through the standard one,it's just the flimsiness of the adjuster that's a bit annoying.

Are there any others that magnify and mount sturdy?

Do any of the red dot sights magnify at all?

Archived