NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescope & eyepiece storage advice.

I'm wondering how everyone stores their equipment. I'm getting a celestron 127 SLT, from the pictures i've seen it looks quite compact, and would like to find a case to safely store it in when i'm not using it.

I've also had a look at the eyepiece kits, i like how everything is all together in one case. I've seen plenty of equipment for sale but not much in the way of storage.

So how does everyone store their kit and keep it protected?

Yes, the Maplins cases (with diced foam) are brilliant and I have two of them as they are on special offer at the minute for £19. Scopes are a different matter as they are so large, though I have one of mine in a case that it came with which is again foam lined.

For now i store my 8" SCT indoors in the box it arrived in. I have plans to store it outside soon in a garden seat/garden tools storage combo with sillica packs and still in its box.

My EP's i store in the alluminium case i bought a few a few years ago as a Celestron Eyeopener Kit. Not many Celestron EP in the case now. I have upgraded to better ones but i still use the case.

I use Maplin's water proof flight case for my eyepiece and one of my refractor, pelican case for the apo, plastic box from IKEA for the C925 and C6. All my storage cases were sealed and packed with silica gel to keep moisture and fungus out.

If you want to see more eyepiece storage solutions, have a look at this thread.

http://stargazerslounge.com/discussions-eyepieces/95026-show-me-your-eye-piece-cases.html

I used the "Gorilla box on wheels" to house my 6 inch scope along with the goto mount, I made a cradle for the scope and lined the whole box in camping mat foam.

Big Storage Boxes / Large Plastic Trunks

Thanks, never seen these before. Might do for my 120 Sky Travel 600mm refractor which is quite large - glad I didn't go for the longer focal length ones :)

Archived