UPGRADING AUTO TRACKING TO GO TO

AFTERNOON ALL

MY 130 P WENT IN FOR REPAIR, THEY REPLACED THE MOUNT AND TO MY SUPRISE SENT ME ANOTHER SYNCSCAN HANDSET :-)

I PLAN ON USING THIS WITH MY DOB

WHAT EXACTLY NEEDS CHANGING WHEN UPGRADING TO GO TO?

WILL I NEED TO UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE TO BE DOB SEPCIFIC OR WILL IT WORK OUT THE BOX?

I USED THE 130 ONE BEFORE AND IT SEEMED OK BUT DIDNT SEEM TO COMPENSATE FOR TEH BACKLASH, I UNDERSTAND THIS CAN BE DONE MANUALLY?

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

I PLAN ON HOPEFULLY USING IT WITH LAPTOP CONTROL WHEN I ORDER A SERIAL TO USB ADAPTER

BASICALLY IVE SAVED ABOUT £200 AS I WAS GOING TO UPGRADE ANYWAY SO WANT TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT

WHEN USING THE 130 CONTROLLER FROM ONE TO THE OTHER THE TRACKING AND GO TO WERNT QUITE RIGHT

MAYBE A COUNTER WEIGHT FOR THE REAR OF THE DOB WOULD HELP?

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

REGARDS

TOM

apologies for caps

when the firmware is updated does the backlash compensation happen automatically or do you need to dial in values yourself?

it was under guarantee and they sent a full replacement mount. ill assume it was no mistake, the motor had died

Archived