Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 close up and widefield

Quatermass

Your best bet is possibly argos no need to spend loads but you need one that can put the pole in the position shown and it must have peg straps at the bottom to tie it to the ground. And don't get one with a white inside like this one as it reflects too much light just a cheap gray or blue one would do the job.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm.... we were forecast a clear sunny afternoon and a clear evening - HUH!! For a start it rained most of the afternoon and it's totally overcast this evening :)

Still, I haven't wasted my time w.r.t. AP - I've been running very long dark sub noise tests on my water cooled Peltier TEC which in turn is cooling my image sensor on the 1100D. Achieving 1C EXIT T compared with 28C uncooled at an ambient temperature of 22C. The maximum exposure I used in the tests was one whole hour at ISO 3200. See my thread in the DIY Astronomer forum :- http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/184615-water-cooling-5.html#post2262953

Archived