Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polar alignment question

If it's got a hole up the middle, in which to 'stick' it, then yes it will.

Having said that, I had a Celestron 'Polar Alignment scope' fitted to my EQ5 when I had it, but I can't honestly say it did a much better job than 'eyeing' Polaris though the 'hole' with the 'naked eye'.

Aligning on Polaris is really a 'get you somewhere close' step, and if you want accuracy for imaging purposes, then the intial Polar Aligment needs to be followed up with the 'Drift Method'.

Dave

not sure, but I know a man who might, ask Auntie Flo, ( The blue link at the top off the page with a big orange button) :(

Steve is a really helpful guy.

naz

If it's got a hole up the middle, in which to 'stick' it, then yes it will.

Having said that, I had a Celestron 'Polar Alignment scope' fitted to my EQ5 when I had it, but I can't honestly say it did a much better job than 'eyeing' Polaris though the 'hole' with the 'naked eye'.

Aligning on Polaris is really a 'get you somewhere close' step, and if you want accuracy for imaging purposes, then the intial Polar Aligment needs to be followed up with the 'Drift Method'.

Dave

Thanks for that then, no need to waste £35 odd! :(

http://www.pulsar-optical.co.uk/prod/skywatcher/generalaccessories/polaralignmentscope.html

Will this work with my CG-5 Goto mount? And is it worth buying? :(

Yes it will, I've got one. I picked one up for £11.50 off of Ebay so mine was worth it. £35? unless it's for imaging, no. I'm finding my GOTO works just as well if I eyeball Polaris through the bore hole or if I use the polarscope.

Tony..

Archived