NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

canon 1000d picture style?

redfox1971

For astro use and arguably for all photography you want to be shooting in RAW mode or RAW+JPG if you want instant "contact prints" or "rushes"...

When you shoot Raw you "develop" the image in the post processing and can get far more out of your data...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i shoot in Bulb mode and Raw format as i use APT software,its the picture style im unsure of from what i can make out for processing either neutral whitch gives natural colours and subdued images,but that maybe for daylight use only? or faithful whitch used for processing and for subjects captured under a color temoerature of 5200k and color is adjusted colorimetrically to match the subjects color,the image is dull and subdued,what ever that means?

Your not doing it wrong...

Just think of the RAW file as a tradditional "negative" and the JPG as a "print".. the settings get applied to the RAW in Camera to produce the JPG...

By "developing" the Raw - in DPP for normal photography or APT/ByEOS for astro you can make a lot of the "decisions" after the picture as been taken and are working with a higher dynamic range uncompressed image...

Peter...

It doesn't matter what style you have it in when shooting raw as its only used for jpg. As Peter say's when using raw you can change the style in the canon software digital photo professional, that way you decide what style suits your taste.

White balance doesn't matter either for the same reason, and you change that in deepsky stacker anyway.

Archived