NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

pulled thread

singlespeedman

ok - I put up a post asking for advice on how much to sell my kit for - clearly stated that I was not looking to sell on this forum but need help getting the right second hand money for what I have to sell so I can get something I will actually use. I apologize din advance if I was breaking any rule about buying \ selling on the forum (neither of which I was trying to do).

The thread has been pulled. Fair enough as this forum seems to have gone a little strict. (I was once told off for being sexist by referring to my wife as the wife. Despite the fact no one on here knows her and she is in fact my wife, my only wife so to me she is the "one and only" wife).

At least have the common decency to drop members a message when a thread is pulled stating the exact reason why so it can be edited and reposted within the ever changing rules specifications.

The whole point of a decent forum is to ask for advice, sometimes that will include the value of what you have. That is not selling - it is using a forum for one of its many uses.

i also have noticed an increase in the strictness of this site since i left a year or so and have come back

i reckon it is becuase it has many many more members than a year ago

i have had a post removed and recieved a pm about it-so you should have recieved a pm

I pulled the thread as imo you were advertising your kit for sale , we pull all similar threads.

I moved it downstairs pending a second opinion before sending you a pm with regards the decision ( and will do )

With that in mind I will lock this thread for now

Sent from my rusty can by a bit of string

Singlespeedman, It doesn't matter what you clearly stated, at this moment in time we have a no selling policy on SGL. You stating that you were waiting on the buy & sell section to return more than hints at your wish to sell.

The moderator that pulled your post got caught up in other forum business including discussing your post, so i would thank you kindly if you would keep the " At least have the common decency " comments to your self, they have no place on this forum and are very disrespectful to all that help run SGL.

Archived